You’ll recognize Melanie and Josh from their engagement session a few months back, but today we’re sharing their Dayton, Ohio wedding and it could not have been more perfect! Drew and I are overjoyed for this couple! We loved kicking off our wedding season with these college sweethearts (who, by the way, are currently gallivanting around Italy…so ideal!).
A few of our favorites from the day were…
- When Josh and Melanie saw each other for the first time
- When Josh had to check if his pants ripped after doing leap frog with one of his groomsmen (he was all good!)
- When the father-daughter dance turned into a group dance with Mel’s immediate family
- When the bouquet and garter toss winners were both under the age of 7
- The two maid of honor speeches
- Melanie’s younger sister stood up, made it through a few words and then started sobbing. Melanie popped up and took the mic, explaining the story that she knew her sister wanted to share. It was such a sweet and fun moment. She regained herself and made a beautiful toast to Melanie and Josh
- Melanie’s childhood friend had us laughing hysterically and tearing up! To Melanie’s surprise, she read from a journal they passed around in 7th grade where Melanie talked about a happiness bomb that would shower the world in Crayola crayons. And not just any crayola crayons. The GOOD kind- the 24 pack with all the colors you could want & pencil sharpener attached. It was so funny and heartfelt to hear about their friendship and the role Melanie has played in her life
- Their bride & bridesmaid bouquets- Melanie made all of them herself! We loved seeing all the creative & thoughtful touches in their decorations
- The weather! It was unbelievably beautiful outside- the perfect wedding weather
- When Josh benched pressed Melanie above his head
- Seeing the bridesmaids reactions during the reception when we showed them some sneak peeks of the wedding pictures on our iPad
- When Melanie & Josh sent us home with a potted plant- I’m convinced that flowers are one of my love languages and it was such a sweet gift to us!
Hope you enjoy seeing this beautiful couple and their beautiful day! Melanie & Josh- We hope you’re having a blast honeymoonin’ in Italy!!
Mon & Drew
Sending lots of love to the happy couple!