If you’re wondering what all the hype about First Looks is or if you’re not sure what First Looks you want to do on your wedding day, here’s some great options for you! Below I’ve throw out a couple of different First Looks that we love and are typical for Monica Brown Brides on their wedding days:
First look with your bridesmaids
- I ALWAYS recommend this because these images turn out so sweet!
- I usually recommend having your mom and/or maid of honor(s) help get you into your dress while the rest of your ladies wait in another room (or have their backs to you while you’re getting in your dress) before the big reveal!
Eric & Christy
First look with your dad
- These turn out to be some of my favorite wedding images. ALL the emotions will be flowing when you dad sees you for the first time, all done up as a beautiful bride! I get a lot of positive feedback from the fathers on this too!
- If you’re close with your brother(s), it’s also fun to include them in the first look here as well!
- If you’ve lost your dad or he’s unable to be there with you on your wedding day, I want you to know that my heart goes out to you. I don’t know exactly what that’s like, but I lost my mom when I was 15 so I am very familiar with the gab that’s missing on your wedding day without having your parent there with you. If that’s the case, and there are other men (like your brothers, grandpa, uncle, etc.) that have been so special to you, doing a first look with them can be so sweet as well!
Eric & Christy
First look with your groom
- There are SO many pros for this one, but here’s just a few reasons why we love & highly recommend this option:
- You’ll get to spend more time together throughout your big day!
- It helps you shake off some of the nerves that are inevitable on your wedding day
- It gives a lot more wiggle room in your timeline and you can get so many more images done BEFORE your ceremony (from a photographer’s stand point, this is SO ideal!)
- If you value having more time with your guests after your ceremony, this is a great option for you!
- After we’ve captured your first reactions, we always give our couples a few minutes alone to soak in the reality that YOU’RE GETTING MARRIED!! This is one of the only moments you won’t be surrounded by your family & friends on your big day so it can be really special and so refreshing!
Liz & Justin
Carrie and Andrew
Not for you?
We do highly recommend these 3 First Looks, but if you prefer to opt out of a first look with your groom, but still do something special, you have options! For example, you could read letters and open gifts behind a door or pray back-to-back. These are still meaningful and fun moments to share!
Melanie & Josh
We hope you find this helpful! Happy marriage planning